Do not launch or crash Forza Horizon 3? - Problem solving
Running Forza Horizon 3 on the PC was not as smooth as we would like. Many players complain about bugs, various kinds of errors, low frame rate and many other problems. In this guide are presented the solutions of the most famous of them.
The game takes off
The main reason for the relegation of the game is the included microphone. To solve this problem, go to the sound settings and in the "Recorders" tab turn off all the recording devices (microphones, etc.), after which the game crashes must stop.
In addition, download the latest drivers for video cards AMD and Nvidia.
- Open the Task Manager and find the process of the game forza_x64_release_final.exe
- Click on the process with the right mouse button and select Set Compliance
- Uncheck CPU 0 and click OK.
Error during preloading or loading / Error 0x80073CF9
Step 1: Press the WINDOWS and X dvtcnt keys, and then click on the command line (Admin).
Step 2: Click Yes in the account management message.
Step 3: Restart your computer and go back to the store. Enter the following commands to run:
net stop wuauserv
rename c: \ windows \ SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
net start wuauserv
If any of these commands fail, run your computer in safe mode and repeat the commands.
To solve this problem, you need to relogin into the account you purchased and perform the following steps:
1. Download any free not installed application (Planner 5D, Autodesk SketchBook, Instagram or Viber, etc).
2. After start downloading the application, cancel it.
3. Start the game (If it did not help immediately, wait 5-10 minutes and repeat the instruction).
Step 1: Open the command prompt "Run" by searching or by pressing the Windows + R keys.
Step 2: Enter "% AppData%"
Step 3: Locate the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming folders
Step 4: Go to the Local folder
Step 5: Locate the folder called Packages, right-click it, and then click "Properties"
Step 6: Uncheck "Read only" and go to the "Security" tab
Step 7: Click on the "Advanced"
Step 8: Click "Add"
Step 9: Click the "Select principle" button and enter "COMPUTERNAME \ Users \", where "COMPUTERNAME" is taken from the "From this location" section.
Step 10: Click Apply to all that you can, and then click OK.
Game does not appear in Windows 10 App Store
If you downloaded and installed the Anniversary update and still encounter this problem, then you need to update and clean the store. You can do this by running WSReset.exe.
Game is not shown in the Start menu
Select the App Store, go to the "My Library" section, click on Forza Horizon 3 and click Install. The second way is to go to the Xbox App and check the "My Games" tab.
Network or Internet connection problems
Links to the official ways of solving this problem:
This error occurs if you do not have DirectX 12 installed. To test your version, do the following:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter DXDIAG and press Enter to start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- On the System tab in the System Information window, pay attention to the version of DirectX.